I have been lucky enough to have some lovely cotton supreme solids from RJR Fabrics to play with.
I am planning a really special quilt but I can’t reveal what its is until its featured in the blog hop.
But I might have to do a few sneaky peeks along the way.
This is my colour palette, look familiar, lots of bright beautiful colours.
I used a lot of small amounts of different colours to create the effect I wanted:
For the yellow section I used Lemon chiffon, citron, sunny delight, goldenrod, sunny side up, golden topaz, butternut, and pumpkin.
For the orange/red section I used carrot, cantaloupe, tangerine dream, oriole, mandarin, bandana, morocco.
For the Red/dark red section I used Amaryllis, noel red, chili pepper, moulin rouge, scarlet letter, red wagon.
For the dark pink/purple section I used Sunset ruby, rio, pink sapphire, raging ruby, ruby slippers, grape, purple haze, bougainvillea, aubergine.
For the blue section I used night, lapis lazuli, royal blue, lancaster sky, bora bora, proud as a peacock, Turks and Caicos and horizon.
Finally for the green section I used meadowland, beach house, wimbledon, pea in a pod,martini olive, aloe vera, clover emerald and putting green.
I cut up lots and lots of 2.5 by 5.5 inch rectangles.
The lonestar came together quickly and before long it was time to audition the background fabric for the star.
The Cotton and Steel grey sprinkles fabric was the winner and I think you will agree it looks perfect.
But, as I started putting the lonestar together on the design wall, I decided to play around with the layout and loved the concept of a deconstructed lonestar, something a bit different.
Once the top was pieced, I decided it needed a pieced back too.
Then it was time to load it onto the longarm and start the quilting.
I colour matched my aurifil threads.
The grey sprinkle negative space was quilted first, I call this my ‘fanciful garden’ design.
The garden grew and grew!
Next up was quilting the lonestar. I stitched in the ditch all of the seams with clear aurifil thread and then colour matched each thread colour to the fabric colour and quilted a continuous pattern into each section.
The cotton and steel grey sprinkles was perfect with the bright solids and quilted beautifully.
Finally it was finished and I could take it off the longarm and see the quilt in its entirety.
I love it!!
And the back looks just as good!
Now she is bound, she looks even better, this quilt is definitely a she!
Thank you so much RJR Fabrics for asking me to be a part of this blog hop! Your cotton supreme solids are so soft and colour saturated, they are going to be the only cotton solids I use moving forward and the cotton and steel was perfection, quilted beautifully.